Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Dreaming of the Cowbells and Living in the Country

I woke up wanting to make cow bells!  : )
We have gone to two rodeos the past two nights - maybe that is what kicked my urge off!

I LOVE rodeos!  I dont know exactly why, but Id go to every one of them I had a chance and the time to attend.  Some day Ill head out west to Oklahoma and Texas to watch the big boys.

There is just something so exciting about watching the 'wild side' of the animals. The year before last we had a very exciting moment that kicked in a fight or flight instinct when a bull charged toward the stands we were sitting in on the third row (totally ignoring the flimsy fence holding him in) luckily a talented horse and cowboy had him roped and pulled him just before he hit the fence a few feet from us.  I mean seriously, there is no way a mobile fence is stopping a 1500 lb raging bull if he wants to come through... you shouldve seen everyone running! We mustve been either brave or had a lot of confidence in the event staff when we just sat there totally frozen.  I felt my heart pounding and could hear nothing but my heartbeat... ahhh good times LOL

It is no secret that our dream and goal in life is to have some land in the country for a small farm. Nothing big, just something in the country where I can have my chickens, a big garden, an orchard, maybe a horse, maybe a few cows, a couple sheep, barn cats, some big round hay bales and... ok in my head it just keeps getting larger : )

My husband laughs and says Im going to have to make an awful lot of pottery to help pull this one off!  Some people have said 'wow you really want to work hard to get to a place in life where all you do is work hard' - hmmmm well maybe so... Im always doing something anyway.  It should be something I love doing, right?  

When we bought our house and moved to 'town', I remember telling my daddy that I was happy but that I really wanted to live in the country.  He said 'well then, live here for a while and then later in life you can sell it and move back to the country'. That was my plan that day and has been every day since.  That was 19 years ago.  Ive made the best of it though and have my little garden here and have had my 'backyard' chickens. But I know what I want in life and I know it cant happen where I am now.

Our hearts are already there on that little farm somewhere out there and just waiting on us to catch up!

Now, lets go get our house chores done so we can start on some cow bells!



No comments:

Post a Comment