Pages

Friday, June 10, 2016

Almost a year

So its been almost a year since I last posted a blog entry.  I really was going to try hard to keep it up. I still tell myself that Ill do it this time : )

There have been many mugs, bowls, ornaments, platters and more come through my hands since I last posted.  It looks so 'old' to see what I have on here now LOL

I havent sold much on Etsy yet.  I guess you gotta have stuff on there to actually sell it - who knew...

Im about to have a lot of time on my hands that I will need to fill up to keep my mind off things.  In other words, there should be a lot of new pottery coming in the Fall and Winter months this year. You see our daughter (our only child) is leaving for college in two months.  We are SO excited for her, but also heartbroken to know our house will be 'empty' without her there.  We couldnt be more proud of her - she is going right at the world and straight into PreMed.

I held together well at her graduation.  I did have to turn quickly from my husband because he looked a little 'stingy eyed' (trust me he is one very tough guy) but she also is his baby girl. I think I did most of my crying the days before while thinking about how much I wouldve loved for my Daddy to have been there.  He was always so proud of her.   I miss him dearly and some days my heart feels like it may burst. Im very thankful to still have my Mom and she was there to watch her.  'Mamaw' wouldnt have missed it for the world :-)  Those two have a wonderful bond. They are a lot alike... both bookworms and both a little sassy HAHA

Ok back to the pottery (since thats probably why you are here)... let me see if I can catch you up on a little of what has been made and sold since you last saw a post from me:

Ill start with my Etsy sales (the very small amount of them LOL)


Some Jewelry Ive been making lately:



New Iron Oxide Transfer Mugs and Spoonrests:




A few of the latest mugs:


And some more Misc. (I really need to blog more! I could spend forever discussing these and what inspired me and about the glaze, the kiln, why they are what they are...)



Ok thats enough for now.  I will probably be back soon with a food post : )
Thanks for looking (if you guys are still there and didnt leave me during my absence)  : )



No comments:

Post a Comment