Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Just Peachy

I havent made anything in a while that was larger than the pendants Ive been making... until today : ) I have been pondering some new design ideas and this morning while having my coffee and staring at the peaches on the counter that I wish would hurry and ripen - I got inspired to make a bowl.  I love good ole southern peaches.  Peaches deserve their own bowl and not to be left laying out on a boring counter!


He started out as a flat rolled chunk of clay:




I handpainted the peach designs using my favorite Speedball Underglazes and the turquoise background.  The bowl is a slab I rolled out of my favorite clay, Speckled Brownstone.  It give such a nice rustic look to anything.  Here he is after I formed him into the bowl he was destined to become:




I have a lot more ideas swimming in my head and about to make several more of these guys ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment